Join the team
Meaningful work with a bold vision. If that sounds like your dream job, you’ve come to the right place.
We at Wow Labz are always looking for exciting problems to solve. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small startup extend its reach, we build from our heart. We’re entrepreneurial and we love new ideas. At Wow Labz you will be working in a culture that prompts growth and professional development while being fun.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate designers who are willing to put in the work to read, do and learn everyday with our team to become champions for our clients and their customers.
During your internship, you will get a stipend. You will go through our design curriculum, work with the team on projects and become apprised of the proven user experience design process at Wow Labz. You will get opportunities to brainstorm, map experiences and prototype customer-facing and enterprise products of the future. For this role, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including designers, engineers, and program managers to ensure that product experiences are effective, consistent and appealing. If you have the ability to convey messages and information through illustrations, graphics, and patterns, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will design aesthetically-pleasing communication that captures an eye and engages with targeted audiences.
By the end of your internship you will be apt at evaluating user interfaces for usability, mapping user journeys, gathering user and business needs, conducting competitor analysis, information architecture design, brand design, narration of brand value proposition with digital interfaces of various form-factors, wire-framing, visual design for user interfaces and other skills required to become a holistic digital product designer.
Subject to your performance and contribution during your internship you will be offered a full-time position as an UX/UI Designer at Wow Labz with a competitive pay package as per industry standards.
- Create personas through user research and data
- Identify opportunities for new products
- Optimal experience mapping, interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around user and business needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability, etc.)
- Collaborate with team to define different types of communication collateral as well as digital/user interface design requirements
- Combine various colors, shapes, typography/fonts, UI patterns and motion graphics to improve the user experience
- Present rough drafts to the program manager, design leaders and/or key stakeholders to gain approval
- Develop prototypes and models to use in various programs to maximize aesthetic consistency
- Brainstorm new ideas, layouts, and graphics
- Stay up-to-date with design application changes and industry developments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Portfolio of related design projects/works
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Adobe XD, Sketch App, Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects,etc.)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, shapes, typography/fonts, UI patterns and motion graphics
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on the project
- Attention to UI details is a must
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field