Join the team
Meaningful work with a bold vision. If that sounds like your dream job, you’ve come to the right place.
Wow Labz is one of India’s leading turnkey product development companies. Products built by us have won numerous awards and touched the lives of over 30 million people globally. Whether we are creating new products or helping a small startup extend its reach, we build from our hearts. We’re entrepreneurial and we love new ideas. We have a fun culture and a team that cares about your development and growth.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced game designer working primarily with Unity to be a part of our exciting game development team at Wow Labz. You would be part of a team that is working on designing and developing the future of games and interactive experiences.
We are creating amazing experiences and hub worlds in the metaverse which integrate with our blockchain protocols to offer unique experiences.
Your primary responsibilities would be to architect the entire multiplayer experience for our game world. You will design, deploy and iteratively various multiplayer experiences while working with our frontend team to realize the project goals and objectives.
Please be sure to highlight the following in your resume:
- Publicly accessible links to games you have built and deployed. These need to be Unity based. (Please provide links to these)
- Links to multiplayer games you have developed, worked with commercially.
- List of certifications you have completed on Unity (optional).
- Research and develop an optimal architecture using Mirror/Photon for the multiplayer experience.
- Design and Develop multiplayer components like lobbies, matchmaking, etc.
- Work with the frontend to develop player to player interactions in-game.
- Develop cross player transaction systems based on game economy and currency.
- Work with remote servers and game servers and make decisions on architecture and tools to be used.
- Create awesomely fun multiplayer user-to-user interactions.
- Design the persistent data pipeline to manage and record game and economy data.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of minimum production experience in Unity game development.
- Must have released at least 1 game commercially.
- Must have at least 1 commercial multiplayer game as experience.
- Team player and takes responsibility for work, handles feedback well.
- Strong working knowledge of Unity systems like Prefabs, Animations, UI, TextMeshPro, Profiler, Cinemachine, Terrain, 3D Sound, etc.
- In-depth understanding of multiplayer practices and networking concepts.
- Strong knowledge of server systems and cloud. Strong grasp of multiplayer architecture design and server design.
- Experience working with Blender, Maya and 3D pipeline for game dev is a bonus.
- Strong grasp of Photoshop or other image manipulation tools is a bonus.
- Strong AR/VR and Metaverse understanding is a bonus.
- Strong grasp of C# and industry standard coding practices. Knowledge of various design patterns like Singletons, Object Pooling, Event/Subscriber Systems, Delegates, etc. is a must.
- Ability to profile and recognize bottlenecks and fix code accordingly & suggest changes.
- Experience with Git and working with tools like Bitbucket, Unity Collaborate and PlasticSCM is a must.
- Knowledge of Visual Scripting is a bonus.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, virtual, changing environment
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
Any of this is a BIG PLUS:
- Platform experience with releasing on Android and iOS.
- Experience writing custom shaders in Unity.
Persona of the kind of people who would be a culture fit:
- Curious and aware of the latest digital and social media trends
- Avid Gamer who is knowledgeable about the latest gaming trends
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner
- Get a kick out of leading a solution towards its completion
- Fun to hang out with!