Join the team
Meaningful work with a bold vision. If that sounds like your dream job, you’ve come to the right place.
Wow Labz is a specialist product development company. We build tech products for enterprises, startups, and research labs. We have built multiple award-winning apps and aspire to touch the lives of 100M people by Oct 2022. We are a small team of 30 engineers, designers, marketeers, and product folks.
Senior members of team Wow have built some of the Bangalore region’s leading startup, product and design communities. Several of our team members are multi-talented and volunteer their time in diverse fields. And we like people who are passionate about something. It need not be programming alone. So if you have talents outside of programming, highlight them in your resume/cover!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Data Science enthusiasts who are geeks at heart and passionate about programming and machine learning. You should have a research mindset and be willing to challenge yourself to learn every day.
All developers at Wow Labz are Full-Stack. We believe in general education before specialization. While you would be joining as a Data Science Intern, you would be expected to be able to build simple applications all by yourself. Expect to build two apps within your first six months alongside doing some core Data Science work.
At Wow, we promise an environment of learning, fun, and growth. Everyone’s voice is heard and we rally behind the best ideas. You will always find a coach/ mentor if you seek one.
In this role, you should be highly analytical, with a knack for analysis, mathematics, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data.
You are an Ideal fit if:
- You read a tech book every now and then to up-skill yourself
- Self-motivated to proactively adapt to continuous learning
- You have a habit of solving problems in your free time
- You have been part of any startup before or have tried to work on your own startup
- You had been placed via the on-campus recruitment drives, but chose to do something of your own you truly, deeply, and passionately believed in.
- You have what it takes to code in real-time, with very limited references using StackOverflow, google, geeksforgeeks etc
- You want to flex your coding skills – share your GitHub projects, assignments, and Kaggle/ Hackerank profile URLs
- Help us enhance our machine learning software with the latest in machine learning algorithms.
- Read, learn and conduct research to develop mathematical solutions to our most pressing problems.
- Learn and implement data munging and mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Freedom and opportunities to learn and introduce new tools, libraries and coding standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 0-1 years of hands-on experience in data mining with semi-structured or structured data.
- 0-1 years of hands-on experience with Python, SQL, R(Not mandatory)
- 0-1 years of hands-on experience in using Python based machine learning packages and libraries.
- You are willing to be trained on analyzing various data forms to capture important data from it.
- Brief or general exposure to any cloud computing – AWS, GCP is a plus